Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hillary Clinton Campaign

I thought I was cool getting into this event as a press photographer but soon realized that having credentials limited me significantly. After attaining my press pass and speaking to one of the event coordinators, I was told that I could not leave from the "press box", which was basically a platform for all reporters and cameramen at the back of Symphony Hall. (Later on we were given a few minutes to get shots from a balcony.) Aside from being restricted in movement, I only had a 70-200mm lens with me (and no tripod). I realized that had I not took the time to establish myself as a photographer and instead roamed about with my camera as an audience member, I would have had much better (closer) shots (although you probably can't tell from my chosen five). Nevertheless, I did the best I could given the circumstances.


October 10, 2007 – Lead singer of the band the Goo Goo Dolls, Johnny Rzeznik, opens for Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at Symphony Hall in Boston, MA. Rzeznik traveled all the way from Buffalo, NY, to be at the event to support Clinton.



October 10, 2007 – Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton gives a thumbs-up to an audience of mostly college-aged supporters before she begins her speech at Symphony Hall in Boston, MA. Audience members were handed “Hillary for President” signs, which were held high throughout the event.



October 10, 2007 – Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton addresses an audience of mostly college-aged supporters at Symphony Hall in Boston, MA. Clinton expresses her plans to remove troops from Iraq, take action against global warming, and reform health care in America. Behind her stand three groups of a cappella singers from Wellesley College, who performed as an opening act for Clinton, a Wellesley alum.



October 10, 2007 – After a rally to gain support from college voters at Symphony Hall in Boston, MA, presidential candidate Hillary Clinton stands in front of a giant American flag and applauds her audience. If elected, Clinton will become the United States’ first woman president.



October 10, 2007 – After a rally at Symphony Hall in Boston, MA, presidential candidate Hillary Clinton bids her audience farewell by shaking the hands of supporters.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

These are great! I love how you got different vantage points. I know how hard that is at crowded events. Great variety of shots